worried about blood on paper towel...

Hi Ms. Southall, I am glad you are home and hope you have a quick recovery from your surgery...my question is...I have a friend who is hiv positive, she was messing with a pimple on her face and had used a paper towel to blot the blood from her face...after the towel was covered she threw it away. She then immediately started styling my hair. my concern revolves around the fact that I have seborrheic dermatitis all over my scalp, so there is a strong possibility that I had open skin/scratches/abrasions, etc. Considering the blood on paper towel was as little as 1 minute old to 10 minutes old, what are the chances that since she didn't wash her hads after throwing it away she could have transmitted the virus through any openings on my scalp.

Thank you so much for your time. I am very worried because it was such a short period of time between her holding the bloody paper towel with fresh blood on it and touching my head, and need some help getting my anxiety to go away.

Hi Thank you, it's good to be back.

There is no risk of HIV transmission with this situation. HIV begins to die as soon as it leaves the body and is unable to infect. There would also have to be a large volume of blood.

You are HIV free from this experience!

Blood Exposure at Doctors Office?
testing