Am I negative??

Hi Doc, I'm a male who has sex with men. So about 15 weeks ago, I had a possible exposure (what would be considered in my case). I had performed a blow job on a man of unknown status and he ejaculated in my mouth. I spit it out and rinsed my mouth out immediately with water afterwards before swallowing my spit. I got tested with blood drawn 4th Gen. ELISA 2 weeks after, 3 weeks after, 4 weeks after, and 5.5 weeks after possible exposure. All were negative. Then I got tested via OraQuick 10 weeks after. That was negative. I haven't had any exposure until a week ago. It was a blowjob, but no ejaculation. Penis has a cut, but I don't think it was open. I stopped (2-3 mins into it) after i saw it. I'm planning on getting tested in two more weeks via blood. I haven't had any of the symptoms (no fever because i check every day throughout the day, no rash that i know of, and no sore throat although I've recently saw white on one of my tonsils but no scratchiness or pain to it). I'm just wondering am I negative and were my tests conclusive?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There are two things to consider: 1) we recommend getting tested at 3 months to know your HIV status for sure AND 2) oral sex is typically holds a very low risk for HIV (another way to say this is that we don't see it happening this way often).

By all means, get tested for HIV 3 months after your most recent sexual encounter. But keep in mind if it's all oral sex that's all low risk!

Keep in mind that while this is all low risk for HIV, oral sex is higher risk for other STDs. That's why we say it's important to get regularly tested for all STDs.

Hope this helps!

Erik

is it possible to get false positive for gonorrhea
HIV testing while taking tenofovir.