Same condom used on two guys

i was involved in a threesome with two friends where the same condom used on one guy was possibly used on the other guy. i know different condoms should be used for different people, but if one of the two were positive, what is the risk of transmission? i've read over and over that HIV doesn't survive long outside the body, so I'm a bit confused as to the risk level.

thanks for your help!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The risk for you remained the same. You used a condom for both acts of penetrative sex, so I would not be concerned. There would however be risk for the person who was penetrated with the used condom. You are correct, the virus does not live well outside of the body, so the risk would be lowered, but still a risk.

In the future, be sure to use a new condom for each and every act of penetrative sex. If your friends are concerned, they can go in for a test at 90 days.

In health,

Richard

TOOTHBRUSH
brush handle up my hieny