HIV transmission from HIV Test extremely scared

I got tested at a clinic which came back negative. But, I am very scared that I might contract HIV from getting the test done. When I went into the room the lady put the gauze to swipe the blood off of my finger on the desk instead of the sanitary sheet placed on top of the desk. The gauze was on the desk for about 5 minutes before it was used to wipe the blood off of my finger. Is it possible for HIV to be transmitted to me this way? Also, is it possible the gauze was on another persons sanitary sheet and not used for them but picked up off the sheet and used for me? If that is the case I could have been exposed to the other persons blood. I would assume that the used gauze would be thrown away with the unused gauze since it was in the same vicinity as used gauze. if this were the case it would have been at least 10 minutes between potentially being on the other persons sanitary sheet to being used on me. I called the clinic and they say that it is thrown away even if it isn't used. But, I am still really scared. My anxiety is through the roof and I am going crazy over this!!! Please help!

Hi Rest assured this is not a way for HIV transmission to occur. HIV begins to die once outside the body and is unable to infect within minutes. Put your anxiety away and know that you are HIV from this experience.

please help
Possible transmission