What are the chances?

The other day, my roommate had unprotected sex with this girl who was HIV+. So now he is infected. The day after he was infected, so he is one day HIV+, the same girl gave his a hand job. Some of his infected semen got on her hands and she touched the door knob with the hand with the infected semen on it. Six hours later, so the semen would be dry, I touched the doorknob with my right hand and cleaned an open wound with the same hand without washing my hands in between. So I am worried that when I was washing my open wound, that the HIV virus entered my bloodstream. What are the chances that I was transmitted HIV in this situation?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Wait wait wait..!

So your roommate had unprotected sex with a girl that you know is HIV+ and became HIV+ himself the next day??

It doesn't work that way.

If your roommate did in fact have unprotected sex with someone who was HIV+, he needs to wait 3 months to be tested to know whether or not he actually became infected.

But instead of being curious about his status, it sounds like you're more concerned with your own risk. Which is completely non-existant.

Even if he had HIV and his semen got rubbed onto a doorknob, there's no risk from that. HIV needs to come out of someone's body and go immediately/directly inside of your body. That didn't happen.

Hope this helps!

Erik

What dose HIV + but (undectible) mean?
HIV Gas Pumps