Liquid splatter from drinking glasses into eye risk

I was at work the other day putting a glassrack onto the rack holder in the dish-station. When I put the rack down, a splatter of liquid (the combination of many peoples beverages mixed together) hit me in the eye. And now it has me wondering, what if one of the customers had hiv? Could the culmination of different beverages (coffee, juice, water) hold a potential risk of hiv being passed on to someone else this way?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

This is very similar to a someone else's curiosity we just answered. Whether a liquid is hot or cold, HIV is going to die when it's outside of the body.

If it isn't going out of someone's body and going immediately/directly into yours, we're not really talking about risk.

Hope this helps!

Erik

But what happens in cold liquids ??
Accidents