Hot Chocolate, hold the disease?

Hello Dr Cordova,

I'll keep my question brief seeing as I'm sure you have a lot of Q's submitted every day.

So, I recently went to Starbucks, and I am now worried that the person who made my beverage may have HIV.

After I had had my drink, I went back over to the counter and overheard him talking to his friend saying that he was going to get surgery to "hopefully help". I went to school with him and he was openly gay so my mind immediately went to HIV. (I know that may make me sound terrible, but it did)

I looked at his hands and didn't notice any open cuts, but there was some kind of wound on his fore arm.

So I looked it up on this forum, and Dr Bob said that there is no risk for HIV through drinking coffee with blood or semen:

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q214008.html

My question is, why is this? In theory if blood was in the coffee, wouldn't it be an HIV risk? There was not a significant amount of time between him preparing it and me drinking it so wouldn't it still be considered fresh?

Thanks for taking out the time to help me out! (I like to know why something is the way it is, not just "because it is" haha)

PS I have a sore in my mouth, but it wasn't bleeding.

Thanks again!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

There would be no risk in a situation like this. HIV does not live well outside of the human body. Any virus present would die once exposed to a hot liquid like coffee or hot chocolate. NO RISK.

In health,

Richard

5th time writing, really worried here, need assurance,please please please help me.
Advanced Stage