The perfect storm . . . ?

Dr. Wohl, please do your most liberal listening as I relate to you my story .The flu like illness hit fast and hard , and i would have believed it only that if the rash had not appeared 5 weeks later followed by neck node's chronic inflammation at 6 weeks ,later joined by groin nodes a few weeks later. The exposure was maybe 8-10 seconds of oral where I allowed a brief insertion after being satisfied in the same manner , my partner as a dominant gesture , thought it necessary to push and hit the back of my throat , a spot that was the impetus for the severe sore throat during seroconversion illness . I did not notice any pre-cum and certainly no sperm . I contacted him ,and after offers of money to show me a negative test and constant pressure about his status , he later and confirmed that he was newly diagnosed, knew it , was of course not on any medication , and had the attitude : "well someone did it to me " . He was apparently finishing his spreading spree before leaving school and going back to his hometown area in another state . So here I am 33 months later where a I.D. hiv specialist suggested that "I'd be written up in journals ", thinking I was indeed positive in spite of the 40 different combination rapid and lab antibody tests , and a half dozen Rna and Dna viral load tests ,a CBC and a Hematology report . He wasn't privy to the CD4/CD8 Ratio of 2.94 or 700+ CD4 results (At the 26 month mark ). Those results were shown to a pre-eminent Hiv specialist who you would know , to declare, you are negative , forget about late seroconversion or negative antibody infection . But here I am with waxing and waining neck and groin nodes painfully chronically inflamed and finding it hard to believe him with the exposure history . He did say I should go see my oncologist , (Now you know my foolish ,weakened reason for an "experiment" ) who said it's NOT from the cancer ,but my urologist suspects different . Do you think it's time to FNA the nodes and just go right in and sample tissue ? Two evils the lesser of which is Hiv . Please help . . .Yes, I have of course been celibate the 3 years now .

This is a dramatic story and I agree that if you have swollen lymph nodes they should be sampled. A fine needle can be done first as least invasive but this often yields too little tissue to be diagnostic. An excisional biopsy would be next step.

I assume lots of tests for other STI accompanied the HIV testing as there are other things out there to catch.

What does undetectable really mean?
BUS SCARE follow up