Dr. Wohl: Followup (Good Bad Ugly)

Dr.

I sent you a question a few weeks back. This is a quick follow up:

My risk was Nov. 6, 2012. I sucked the breast of a stripper. (dont think I tasted fluid, never know)

At the end of December 2012 I developed dry mouth particularly at night. (I did have antibiotics in oct 2012, november 2012 and the end of december 2012)

Jan 25, 2013 I developed oral thrush.

I tested with antibody test 25 days after the thrush and 15 weeks after the risk, negative. (Also tested week 10, 12 and 13)

1. Did I have a risk?

2. If my thrush was due to ARS would my test have been positive 25 days after onset 15 weeks after risk?

I reffered to this from archives;

The short lived drop in T-cells in rare cases has lead to an opportunistic infection but that is extremely rare and those folks have antibodies to HIV show up.

3. Can I stop testing and sleep with my wife regardless of the symptoms I had?

** I may have seen another thrush on my cheek two Saturdays back or I bit cheek.

Thanks!

Dear Sir,

You have sent in a question regarding suckling at the breast of a stripper/lap dancer/sex worker and are worried that you caught HIV. You have been tested repeatedly for HIV and the results are negative. You want to know if you can stop worrying and/or sleep with your wife/girlfriend/anyone.

As this is a commonly asked question, I have devised the following response:

Breastfeeding has been associated with transmission of HIV from mothers to their infants. This requires the regular consumption of a lot of virus laden milk. Assuming you did not have a milk-stache following your romp, the risk of your acquiring HIV from your partner's nipple(s) is zero. This is confirmed by your negative HIV testing. Any symptoms you have that you believe to be linked to HIV infection are not. Most other sexually transmitted infections can be transmitted more easily than HIV. So, consider being evaluated for non-HIV infections if there were exposures of concern.

Lesbian Fingering!!
What does undetectable really mean?