Do condoms really prevent HIV??

I had protected sex with a sex worker.. I was given head for a little bit then had protective vaginal intercourse.

At about 3 weeks out i developed a rash on my back and sholders.. It itches and burns a bit..

I went to my doctor today and he stated you can still get HIV even if the condom does not break or leak.

I have seen some posts on your site that state you cant get hiv if you ware a condom and it does not break or leak.

So could you please clear this up a bit?

Is it possible that i got HIV even if i used a condom? I thought that if the condom did not break you or leak you cant get any stds/hiv.. Is this true?

My doc ran a PCR test today.. We will see the results.. But i have some anxiety going on right now after talking to my doctor.

Could you also tell me if a rash would be the only symptom?

Thank you

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your questions,

If you use a latex or polyurethane condom and it does not break, then there is no risk for HIV.

I'm very sorry that you're getting confusing messages, but remember that HIV cannot pass through a latex or polyurethane condom. It just can't. Unfortunately, there are doctors out there who still don't have this information :(

If all you had was protected sex (and the condom didn't break), then you had no risk for HIV from the sex worker you had sex with.

Hope this helps!

Erik

I had sex with a transsexual
Can you get AIDs or HIV from cooked food?