|do i need testing?
Feb 26, 2013
dear doctor, I received oral sex from a massagist without a condom. The encounter was extensive (about 45 minutes), but it did not involve unprotected penetration. I did not worry at first but 49 days after I had a strong virosis that involved high fever, headache and severe bronchitis. Do I need testing for HIV and other STDs ? I havent had any other symptons for 6 months now...
| Response from Mr. Cordova
No. Your risk does not warrant testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hiv Symptoms Show Up Within A Week?
- Is Two Weeks After Having Sex Too Early To Get Tested For Hiv?
- How Do You Read Results From An Hiv Test?
- Why Am I Getting Herpes Outbreaks Every Few Weeks?
- What To Do If You Have Been Exposed To Herpes?
- What Percentage Of Women In The Us Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.