Baby's Possible Infection

Dear Lisa,

I have a baby girl & I m very concerned that she might have contracted HIV and/or HEP C. I was visiting my neighbour, with unknown HIV and HEP C status. As I was changing my baby's diaper,and cleaning her organs with baby wipes, my neigbour insisted to help by taking my baby to the bathroom & washing her organs with water in the water sink. I kept saying no & made up excuses for my decision, but my neighbour just insisted & took my baby to the bathroom. Of course, I accompanied her. My concern is that I noticed that my neighbour's finger nails were not that short. So, I am afraid that she might have scratshed my baby's skin as she was washing her. Also, the skin of my baby's organs is inflammed & has cracks..Not knowing the HIV and HEP C status of my neighbour, and due to the fact that I have no idea if my neighbour's fingers were bleeding or had any kind of injury right before washing my baby's organs, I am literally freaking out. Assuming that my neigbour is infected, what are the chances of my baby's contracting HIV and HEP C given this incident?? Should my baby get tested? Appreciate your prompt feedback.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there

First, my guess is that your neighbor is neither infected with HIV or Hepatitis C. Second, even if she was infected, there would still be no risk of transmission to your baby in this situation. Take care, LHW

Blow job HIV
Inoculum