The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Asking for 3rd Time... Please Reply! Sex with transvestite

Feb 22, 2013

Dear Doc, About 18 days back, I had sex with a Thai ladyboy. She gave me analingus and also fingered my anus. She gave me a unprotected blow job. Then i inserted her anus. But while we were just 3-4 minutes into our anal sex, as I withdrew to change positions, I realized the condom had broken. There was no ejeculation at this point. We quickly washed my penis with soap and water. I did not enter her after that and finished off ejaculating externally. Now since the day of the incident, I have been experiencing a funny stomach, no diarrhea as such, but lots of abdominal pain and gastric.Also Lil itching on the outside of the anus. Is this sign of Gonnorhea? I also have been feeling light headed quite often these days. Are any of these posible symptoms of ARS HIV?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I do not think you have HIV. Even though the condom broke, this was a one-time occurrence, and you were the insertive partner. Transmission would be unlikely. Furthermore, we don't even know if your partner was HIV positive. That's a big assumption to make. Oftentimes sex-workers have better safe-sex practices than the average person.

In regards to the itching, Gonorrhea can be transmitted rectally but transmission would be more likely if you were the bottom partner during unprotected anal sex versus analingus. In the throat, the bacteria that causes Gonorrhea prefers the back of the throat where it is dark and moist, versus the mouth. Transmission of Gonorrhea orally is more likely when you are inserting your penis into the back of a partners throat and that partner is infected in that location.

If you like, you can go in for a rectal swab to confirm whether or not an infection has occurred. It is important that you ask for the rectal swab. If they do urine testing that will only tell us whether or not you have been infected through your penis. In this case, we need to find out whether or not you have been infected rectally. Testing for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia is site-specif. Wherever the infection has occurred is where the testing must be done i.e. urethra (urine), or orally/anally (swab).

I hope this helps.

In health,


Testing for HIV
Can saliva on an open wound transmit HIV?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint