Am I positive

Mrng Dr in 2004 I went for hiv test at the local clinic,they used the 20munite test an it wasn't clear,the following day I went to another clinic they took to the lab n come out positive,I got pregnant n tested it was invilid since then I nvr went again,I gve birth to a bby boy in 2005 he is nw 8years,n I was breast feeding does that mean me n my boy we positive o what couse am nw afraid to get tested

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

In your question you mention that you had an "invalid" test result and never tested again. Was it invalid or was it negative? If it was negative then that is your answer.

If the result you had was invalid, then I would like you to go in for a test as soon as you can. I understand that this is a scary situation, but you need to know your status. You need to do it for your son, and for yourself.

If your test comes back positive you will need to take your son in for testing as well. Please keep me updated on the status of your situation.

When you submit an update, you can put "An update on my situation, per your request". Good luck.

In health,

Richard

Recently detected - Can ART be delayed
hi