Baby's Risk Assessment

Dear Richard,

I have a baby girl & I m very concerned that she might have contracted HIV and/or HEP C. I was visiting my neighbour, with unknown HIV and HEP C status. As I was changing my baby's diaper,and cleaning her organs with baby wipes, my neigbour insisted to help by taking my baby to the bathroom & washing her organs with water in the water sink. I kept saying no & made up excuses for my decision, but my neighbour just insisted & took my baby to the bathroom. Of course, I accompanied her. My concern is that I noticed that my neighbour's finger nails were not that short. So, I am afraid that she might have scratshed my baby's skin as she was washing her. Also, the skin of my baby's organs is inflammed & has cracks..Not knowing the HIV and HEP C status of my neighbour, and due to the fact that I have no idea if my neighbour's fingers were bleeding or had any kind of injury right before washing my baby's organs, I am literally freaking out. Assuming that my neigbour is infected, what are the chances of my baby's contracting HIV and HEP C given this incident?? Should my baby get tested? Appreciate your prompt feedback.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Why would I assume that your neighbor is infected with HIV and Hepatitis C? Those are two HUGE assumptions that a person should never make. I do not think it is likely that your neighbor is infected with HIV or Hepatitis C.

If your neighbor was infected by HIV and/or Hepatitis C, there would still be NO RISK in this situation.

In health,

Richard

Anal sex with strangers
Can I give HIV To My Boyfriend If the Condom Broke