Anal sex with strangers

About a week ago I had anal sex with two different guys I didn't know. With one guy I had anal sex (receiving) with a condom. This lasted about 1 min. The nex day I had anal sex (receiving) with a condom (for about 2 mins), and unprotected oral (giving). He did not ejaculate on my mouth. I used condom compatible lube both times. I got a sore throat a couple days later. I had it checked out and so far it doesnt seem like an STD. Although I know they were wearing the condom before we started I didn't check the condoms afterwards. This was my first time and I am freaking out about getting HIV. Before this I had unprotected vaginal sex with women, but somehow I never worried about that. However, having anal sex has me scared to death.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

In regards to HIV, it sounds like you effectively protected yourself against HIV. Using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is one of the best ways to protect yourself against HIV and many STD's.

While your risk for HIV through oral sex is low, transmission of other STD's is possible. STD's like Chlamydia and Gonorrhea can be transmitted via unprotected oral sex.

If your sore throat becomes severe, you have trouble swallowing, and it persists for more than a couple of days then I would suggest a visit to your doctor, just to be safe.

In health,

Richard

Possible needlestick
Baby's Risk Assessment