Condoms

Why is it said that condoms are not 100% protective? Can HIV pass through a latex condom that is not expired and neither torn? I checked my condom after an insertive vaginal sex with a lady by filling it with water and it was ok. Am I at risk at all? What is this confusion abou consoms?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Nothing is 100%. The less than 100% effectiveness rate accounts for breakage, slippage, and human error. Also, condoms are not 100% effective against diseases that are transmitted via skin-to-skin contact. Diseases like Syphilis and Herpes can be transmitted even when a condom is used.

When used correctly, condoms are one of the best ways to protect yourself against HIV and many STD's. Using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is good business!

HIV cannot pass through latex, polyurethane, and polyisoprene condoms. Lambskin condoms while effective at preventing pregnancy, are NOT effective against stopping transmission of HIV.

I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

Herpes Contraction Risk
pls clear my doubt!!