PEP, failure in adherence

I had sexual intercourse with a sex worker, which I think that she is highly HIV positive. I think my condom broke.

After the exposure, I went to the Hospital to ask for PEP, They gave me Zidovudine(AZT)100mg and Lamivudine 150mg(3TC). AZT I have to take 2 tablets 3 times a day and Lamivudine(3TC) 1 tablet 2 times a day.

Day 1: I took 2tablets of AZT and 1tablet of 3TC in the morning, afternoon I took 2tablets of AZT, then at night I took 2tablets of AZT and 1tablet of 3TC.

Day 2: I took 2tablets of AZT and 1tablet of 3TC in the morning, but in the afternoon I accidentally took 3TC tablet as well with AZT 2tablets. I stupidlly assumed that by taking 3TC in the afternoon 1pm, I could skip 3TC at night, so I didn't take 3TC at night and I only took AZT 2tablets.

Day 3: I took 1tablet of 3TC in the 8am in morning, BUT took only ONE AZT 100mg tablet cause I run out of AZT tablets. So I went to the Hospital and asked for more, but I only got to take it in the afternoon at 3pm.

After these 3 days, I followed closely on the timing of consuming the medication and followed strictly till 28days mark.

1. By not taking 3TC at night during day2, does it expose me to risk of HIV?

2. By taking only ONE tablet of 100mg AZT in the morning of Day3, will it expose me to risk of HIV?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there Obviously to give PEP the best chance of working it is optimal to take it every day as prescribed for the full 28 days. However, I think that you did the best that you could and my guess is that you can expect it to work as well as expected based on the number of pills you were able to take. While PEP isn't 100% effective in preventing HIV, my guess is that you are not infected. I would certainly get tested as directed by your doctors to be sure. Take care, LHW

would i get AIDS if i have with two girls but wit a gap of 1 year
can AIDS be transmitted entering fingers of the hand to vagina