Hiv from a medical machine
Feb 15, 2013
hello two months ago i went to a doctor because their was a
incision in ear , the doctor used a machine to take out the blood and i am afraid that this machine could be Unsterile & might contain a virus like HIV so what is the probability to get Aids from this accident ? after what duration can i do Hiv test ? and what is the name of the test Thanks Alot
Response from Mr. Cordova
I do not think you were at risk in a situation like this. I do not think you need to test. If you want to test for your peace of mind, then a rapid test at 90 days will provide you with the answer you are looking for.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is The Hiv Virus Killed By Hypothermia?
- Do Birth Control Medications Effect Hepatitis Tests?
- Chances Of Getting Hiv One Time Of Unprotected Sex
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
- Can Having An Std Cause A False Positive Hiv Test?
- What Are The Very First Symptoms Of Aids And When Do They Appear?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.