insertive oral sex with blood HIV risk
Feb 14, 2013
hello, 5 weeks ago ive been with a man, he first brushed his teeth and then we kissed for about 5 minutes, then he gave me oral sex, im scared that from the brushing of his teeth, there maybe were some blood in his mouth, and this blood enter in my urethra, sincerely a dont remember if a see the blood or dont, do i need to get tested for HIV for this incident??
Response from Dr. Wohl
Oral sex is not a great way to transmit HIV at all. Unless there was visible blood gushing from your partner's mouth, I would not worry.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Touching Vagina
- Is Dizziness An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.