dentist worried.....help dr...

hello dr...had the history of needle stick exposure while treating a patient with vincents angina in 2007 nov...many health related events like fever,tiredness after that foe couple of months...lymph gland enlarged a little around my neck persisting for 3 years..not too large ..but canbe palpable...persistant tongue coat suspicious of candida..appear in morning..reappear after cleaning...yeast attacked my finger nails too..done many tests..10 to 12 rapid antibody tests with many test kits combaids,tridot,sdbioline,immunocomb outside the 6 month window period up to 4 years and 6 months mark..4 th generation elisa done at the same 4 th 6 month mark.came back non reactive...all these antibody tests include both hiv 1 and 2...hiv 1 dna pcr also done at the 4 th and 6 thmonth mark..came back negative..iam from india..here hiv 2 dna pcr not available..sir what is ur inference? what isthe specificity of dna pcr at the 4 the year mark?..i had the candida..lymph glands slightly swollen..am i infected by a new strain of virus?i am thinking of doing a cd4 count..please answer...

I do not believe your symptoms are due to HIV. As a health care professional you probably are also aware that the symptoms and signs of AIDS by definition require immunodeficiency. So, if you were to have a CD4 cell count done and it was in the normal range that should demonstrate conclusively to you that HIV of any type is not a culprit here.

HIV-1 RNA on 11th day after possible exposure
Please answer, this is at least my 5th time asking