heterosexual hiv question from australia

hi i am from australia, i had heterosexual sex with an 18 year old male of unknown status, it lasted only a couple minutes and he did not ejaculate inside of me, apparently a very big propoertion of hiv +s in australia are gay or drug users but i know there are still numbers with heterosexual hiv +s im abit of a hypochondriac and its causing me to stress out abit, i know i should get a test to ease my mind but even that scares me, i was wondering if you could tell me statistic on my encounter. do i have much to worry about? im not really sure on his past either and i cant get it off my mind. thanks

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Unprotected vaginal or anal sex is a high-risk activity. The risk is higher for the receptive (or bottom) partner. Since he did not ejaculate inside of you, and this was a one-time occurrence, transmission was not likely, but still possible.

If you like, go in for an initial test at 28 days. If that test is negative, simply follow up with a final test at the 90 day mark. If your 28 day test is negative, then I would expect the 90 day test result to be negative as well.

Don't forget, using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is one of the best ways to protect yourself against HIV and many other STD's.

In health,

Richard

Mr. Cordova plz.
Simply me saying thanks Mr. Cordova