55 days and Not sure about the test

Hi doc, hope you are well there. First thank you very much for your time to answer my questions. I had protected vaginal sex with a woman on 55 days ago, did not ejaculate, she then masturbated me with massage oil till I cum. How risk is it? I tested negative at 55 days after the exposure. My questions: 1. I am not sure about type of the HIV test I did. The doctor in the lab only said that it was HIV screening (My blood was drawn into a small bottle it took about an hour to get the result). She also said that the test is not the old Elisa and that the test is accurate at 4 to 6 weeks. 2. Is it a good result (at 55 days)? Are further tests necessary at 90 days? Will the result change at 90 and 180 days? 3. Can the test also identifying HIV2 (Im living in Asia? I appreciate if you can explain something to me. Thank you very much Doc. Kind Regards

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Since you used a condom, I do not think your risk was very high in this situation, and I do not think you need to test for this incident in particular. That being said...

1. While the test they used may provide accurate results sooner, the timeline for a CONCLUSIVE result remains at 90 days.

2. At 55 days your result is a reliable indicator of what your result will be at 90 days. The 90 day test is simply a confirmatory test at that point. No testing is needed past 90 days.

3. Yes it can!

In health,

Richard

Test after 14 months conclusive though lymphnode swelling
HIV in pre cum