sex, and things

Hi, have a question about sex and other things. Okay so first off I just wanted to know the absolute best methods of having safe sex. I know the truth is no sex is safe sex but honestly who can live without doing it. Also I'm not sure what the meaning of oral sex is but is there a safe way for that to because the last thing I want to happen is for either of us to catch something. Also, is it possible to get HIV if you and your partner are clean to begin with? I just want to have fun but be safe at the same time.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your questions,

Absolute best methods? No sex? Let's make sure to go through all these points!

The best "method" is to use a lot of safer sex techniques together. A good combo might be: 1) all of you getting tested to make sure of your status (taking medication all the way through if it turns out someone has something), 2) talking about your statuses before sex, 3) using protection (condoms, dental dams, female condoms) (make sure not to use them together though! latex rubbing against latex = increased change of breakage), 4) using lots of lubrication (water-based for latex condoms).

There can be more than that too! Check out our questions on Safer Sex for more ideas.

Also, oral sex is whenever a mouth is used on a part of the body (e.g. mouth on penis, mouth on vagina, mouth on butt). And HIV is only transmitted from someone who has it already. So if neither partner has it, it's not just going to come out of no where. The issue is that sometimes people don't know they have it sometimes (like if they've been at risk and haven't been tested).

Hope all this helps! I know it's a lot of information.

Erik

P.S. No sex is just that, no sex. Safe(r) sex is all about actually having sex and making is pleasurable and healthy for all those involved!

Can my kids get HIV from my cousin??
Infection period