|Need advice concerning an article
Feb 4, 2013
Do you believe HIV can be transmitted this way through a fish massage? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2050342/Fish-pedicures-foot-spas-spread-HIV-hepatitis-C.html I did this once in Asia and i am very concerned because i had abrasions although not actively bleeding. Am i at risk now?? 2 Weeks later i got a swollen lymph node. Pls help.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Interesting. I think the agency is looking at the theoretical risk of infection with this procedure. This is all guess work and my own guess is that the risk is close to zero if not actually zero. There is a much greater risk of bacterial infection with this and even a routine pedicure (as has been well described).
I would not worry.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.