|Need advice concerning an article
Feb 4, 2013
Do you believe HIV can be transmitted this way through a fish massage? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2050342/Fish-pedicures-foot-spas-spread-HIV-hepatitis-C.html I did this once in Asia and i am very concerned because i had abrasions although not actively bleeding. Am i at risk now?? 2 Weeks later i got a swollen lymph node. Pls help.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Interesting. I think the agency is looking at the theoretical risk of infection with this procedure. This is all guess work and my own guess is that the risk is close to zero if not actually zero. There is a much greater risk of bacterial infection with this and even a routine pedicure (as has been well described).
I would not worry.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.