passing hiv to others?
Feb 4, 2013
My ? Is how likely is it for a person that was born with the virus and is on meds and a fairly low viral count to pass the virus to a women with out ejaculation
Response from Dr. Wohl
What does "fairly low" mean? If you have detectable virus in your blood it is likely you have detectable virus in your semen. If you dribble some of that during vaginal or anal sex, you do risk transmission to your partner. It is difficult to give you a precise estimate of the risk but I would say it is too high to advise forgoing a condom.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Touching Used Condom
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Inside Of Mouth Symptoms Of Std's
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.