Scared Beyond Belief

So recently I had my first sexual experience, I had no intention on having sex, but I felt pressured into it. This happened a few days ago, and I gave and received oral sex, I asked if he was negative he confirmed, but he was tested in August. I also asked who else he had sex with between August till the present and he said he had sex with four other ppl. I scared out my mind that I got HIV from this person even though the threat is really low. I have no sores, cuts, or lacerations in my mouth, neither did he(that I know of) or did I see anything strange on his penis. I didn't allow this person to ejaculate into my mouth. What is my risk of catching an std from this person?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

I can understand how you have a bunch of questions about risk and how it the sex you had may impact your health. Let's work through them one by one.

First off, sounds like you already know the risk for HIV is very low from oral sex. Sometimes when people hear "very low risk" they still feel like all risk is the same. Think about it: there's technically risk of getting hit by lightning on a cloudy and a stormy day.. but no one is going to run for cover on a cloudy day.

As for STD risk, different STDs are transmitted in different ways (either by fluid or skin-to-skin rubbing). Usually STDs are easier to get than HIV. For example, while oral sex is very low risk for HIV it can be higher risk for something like gonorrhea.

For these reasons, it's important for sexual active people to get tested for a lot of STDs on a regular basis. That's different for everyone, but we usually say every 3-6 months. Think of it as a sexual physical.

If you're still worried, I get it. It was your first time and you have unanswered questions about what might be going on with your body. But just because you had sex with someone who's had four sex partners, doesn't mean you're infected. It just means that you have questions to answer (like all sexually active people).

Hope this helps!

Erik

hiv infection...........
Am i at risk for HIV ? please help i cant stand the worry