Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

many times asking
Feb 1, 2013

Hi doc,I have been asking since many time but never got any reaply.please doc,help me out.I am very very worried. "I went to a doctor for my hiv blood test recently.he inject me with a brand new needl,than took my blood.but the problem started when he couldn't find any cotton or aid small plaster to stick on my injected area!than he took a little kind of small paper,(later I realized it was other used aaid plaster's packet.we know every small aid plaster comes with small pack) than he hold it with his thumb,and after that he pulled out the syringe.but since than m very worried!when he finished,I took that small paper n looked at it very carefuly,only see my blood that is not sinificant r there."Than I asked him,what if I get infected with that paper,coz you are directly holding that on my bleeding spot?than he said its impossible!" But I am very worried.please please doc,can u help me out.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

But there's absolutely no risk from what you're talking about. NONE.

Even if that piece of paper that your doctor used on your arm was used on someone who had HIV, so much time would've passed that the paper would pose no risk for HIV.

Remember: the only way to get HIV is to have body fluid with HIV come out of someone's body and go immediately/directly inside of your body. This IN NO WAY happened in your case. Not even close.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
Had sex with prostitutes but this time i am very wooried for hiv transmisson
Next
hiv infection...........

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.