Its 5th time please answer "Sex with Prostitute with Condom"

Hi doctor,

I had sex with a prostitute in last November with condom during two intercourse's on the same day. She used a gel type lucubration and a new condom for both times. The condom didn't break as far as i remember. First time I ejaculated very frequently in a minute and second time i didn't ejaculate

I had vaginal sex plus I sucked her breast for couple of minutes. After 20 days of sex I had a fever and throat paint but I didn't know that fever and throat pain are the symptoms of HIV so I didn't notice.

After 30 days of sex approximately after 3.5 weeks of sex I again caught up with a mild fever and body pain I searched on internet and started getting worried because every symptom of HIV was appearing in my body. I felt some stiff neck as well as pain under my chin in lymps nodes but they didnt look swollen to me, my throat was not painful while eating but it was uncomfortable and felt like rash in throat. Also noticed faitgue during those days in office. Than a small pimple appeared on my leg than I got confirmed that I have got HIV.... I used some oil on pimple it vanished after some days....I am not able to concentrate and really worried about my health till now.

I haven't drink any cold thing but since yesterday i am again having sever pain in throat no fever.

I am still very worried whenever my minds think about HIV my condition becomes worse, and I think that I will die soon. I am also worried when I go back to my country I will not be able to live happily with my wife. Please help me I am really worried that am i infected with HIV.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Since you took the time to write in five times, the least I can do is answer your question. As the archives CLEARLY state, penetrative sex with a condom is an effective way of protecting yourself against HIV.

Perhaps your worried about your risk because you had sex with a sex worker and that's probably not OK with your wife.

I'm not passing judgement in the slightest. What I am saying is that because you used a condom, HIV transmission was unlikely. In situations like this, it is usually the infidelity that causes problems for people.

I don't think this situation warrants testing. However, if you need to test for your peace of mind, then please do. A test 90 days from the incident will give you a conclusive result.

In health,

Richard

HIV seroconversion after PEP
Female received oral from HIV+ male & protected sex