HIV seroconversion after PEP

i am a 26 yr old male who Had sex with a HIV positive woman unknowingly(3 rounds), i took PEP (AZT,3TC) for 3days and left because i went and tested her for hiv but the health worker lied about her result because she had arranged with her to report hiv neg. result.....later after 10days, i tested her and she was hiv postive and she knew her status before....i started PEP at day 10 post exposure...i tested after 6 weeks of post exposure and was hiv neg using antibody tests(determine and statpak) now i want to go for DNA PCR for hiv but am scared....please help me about this. How likely am i going to sero convert

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

After 72 hours, PEP is no longer effective. However, since this was a one-time occurrence (yes I realize you had sex three times with her), and you were the insertive partner, the likelihood of transmission remains fairly low.

Your six week test, while not conclusive is a fairly good indicator of what you can expect at 90 days. I would follow up with a 90 day test. I am confident that the result will be negative.

Also, you don't mention whether or not you used a condom. I'm going to assume you didn't. If you had used a condom, then I would have said transmission was unlikely, and you did not need to test for this incident in particular.

In health,

Richard

Thrush n only 8 weeks scared
Its 5th time please answer "Sex with Prostitute with Condom"