Thrush n only 8 weeks scared
Jan 31, 2013
I was diagnosed with thrush oral, it has been 8 weeks since my hiv risk. Does this mean that my cd4 count is already that low. I saw my doctor at 6 weeks and he examined me and told me to get tested at recommended 12 weeks. Please I know i have to get tested but would like to get some expert opinion.
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- There are many other reasons why someone could have thrush and not be HIV infected so I would not assume that thrush means you have HIV. If it has been 8 weeks since your exposure I would suggest testing now. The standard for HIV tests, whether oral swab or blood are very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90 days. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.