Is it all in my head

I am a 31 year old male from the UK. A few years (about 2005) I was travelling around the world having finished college. During my trip I had some sexual encounters in Thailand with a girl and two girls in Brazil. I used protection for vaginal sex but with two of them I we had unprotected oral sex. When I returned home I went to the clinic and got tested for Chlamydia and gonorrhea of which both tested negative.

After that I had no other relationships until 3 years ago when I met my now fiance (one previous boyfriend met at school and not a risk). After about a year into the relationship I had some discomfort in my left testical. I went to the doctor and he confirmed it was not cancer, I then went to the clinic and got retested for Chlamydia and Gonorreah which again was negative. After an ultrasound they found it was epididymitis. After a round of antibiotics it cleared up. Additional to this I noticed a red rash forming gradually around my nose that was worse in winter. I have always had dry skin from birth and have always had to use moisturing cream so was not too concerned.

Other than that all was well until this year when I got epididymitis in my other testical and discomfort under my foreskin (not circumsised) causing a small red rash on my penis head. The rash around my nose has broken out again and I now have a rash on two of my fingers that will not go away. I think it was due to using cleaning products and tried a sterroid cream for two weeks but still no joy. My fiance who has never had any health problems but who does suffer from allergies (Hayfever etc) developed watery eyes with a white discharge that lasted several weeks. The watering has stoped but she sometimes gets the stringy white subtance appearing in the corner and sometimes it covers her eye.

This got me worried and after a lot of consulting with Dr Google I was concerned that my travelling days had come back to haunt me and though I might have HIV or worse AIDS.

I have not gone to the clinic to get tested yet because I keep telling myself I am worrying about nothing. I have a stressful job in sales, have just bought a house (a project) and trying to plan the wedding for this year. I told myself that the rash could be due to the cold temperature in the UK at this time of year and excessive exposure to central heating along with the stress of my job and everything else. I also thought that the epididymitis might have been caused by a lapse in personal hygene where balantis formed causing epididymitis. I might also add that I now have hemmeroids because of excessive bowel movements. I am very anxious and stressed at times (money mainly but also health worries). I know this is probably all in my head.

However part of me is worries about it being something else and my question is - What is the liklihood I have HIV or AIDs?

I eagerly await your comments

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Since you used a condom for all acts of penetrative sex, the likelihood of transmission is extremely low. If you like, go in for an HIV test for your peace of mind. I am confident the result will be negative.

In health,

Richard

Case of gingivitis and deep kissing Help
Dr Richard.. pls respond...