So this is conclusive??
Jan 30, 2013
http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q226958.html..Hi Dr. Wohl so your telling this is conclusive for inspite of unprotected insertive anal sex and maybe second generation test at 84 days ( 12 wks ). Some told me this is a third generation test because of the result is HIV 1 and 2 antibody. And lastly I have read that never a 2nd gen test is with the HIV 2 included. Pls. answer thank you..
Response from Dr. Wohl
Right. Not every sexual act, even the most risky, with an HIV+ person leads to transmission of the virus. Your HIV testing looked for HIV antibodies and found none. For more (and reliable) info on the differences between HIV tests see:
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Does Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding Mean I Have An Std?
- Pathophysiology Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- What Are Symptoms Of Chlamydia In A Man?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.