Jan 30, 2013
Dr.Wohl, Thank you for answering my question earlier. I am from India. I tested negative repeatedly 2 yrs after exposure with antibody tests. I am concerned about hiv-2. After 2 yrs what test would be apropriate to rule out HIV-2 other than the antibody tests as I heard that there are few cases of seronegative hiv-2 that exist in India. Thank you
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Many HIV antibody tests look for HIV 1 and HIV 2 antibodies. If your clinic uses a kit that does not check for HIV 2, ask around and see if the can test for this virus with a different assay. This is very rare in India, as you say. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Giving Oral Sex?
- Is White Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.