|rapid hiv test
Jan 30, 2013
I was tested for HIV with a "4th Generation Rapid Test" and the result was negative. The lady that administered my test said that the test would detect antibodies at 21 days (my possible exposure was 49 days ago). The test was a finger prick and the results in between 10-12 minutes. My possible exposure was from protected (intact latex condom and he pulled out) vaginal sex with a male of unknown status. Is this a reliable test and result?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
The encounter carries no risk and the test is negative. You are not HIV+.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Touching Vaginal Secretions Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.