|about immunue in persons body!!sory for my english
Jan 30, 2013
dr wohl can you tell me what age persons immune will have down they do not develop antibody at 3 months ? pls dont ignore this question sorry for my english thank you
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Most everyone should be able to produce antibodies to HIV regardless of age. I know of no studies that indicate that responses are so low at advanced age to result in a false negative. If you are not believing your HIV antibody test then you could try to get a p24 antigen test or an HIV RNA PCR. They are more costly but look for the virus and do not rely on antibodies. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Sex With A Prostitute And HIV Transmission Risk
- Bloody Nose After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.