Jan 30, 2013
Hi,i am 19 yrs old guy i am anxious to know that whether a breast milk of lactacting mother can transmit hiv virus or not bcoz 2ys b4 i had incidently just touch the nipple of lactating women by mouth and now after 2yrs i had tb problems so it is hiv problem pls help but my doctor said that i am very thin and weak so i got tb frm somewhere my weight 40 kg n my height is 5.9 pls help me
Response from Dr. Wohl
The only way to tell if you are HIV+ is to get a test. Anyone with TB should be tested for HIV. Lactating women can transmit HIV through breast feeding. Licking a nipple of a lactating woman would not cause infection, however, given how little fluid would be ingested. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Does Ciprofloxacin Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.