2nd time i m askin condom break while on sex I am HIV +.

I ve been on ART Viraday. diagnose HIV on the month of August 2012 with cd4 240 before starting the ART. My wife is negative and we deliver a baby which is 2 months old. we had sex on 28th january and my condom break before ejaculation ( she told me i didnt insert my penis yet on her vegina). so is there is risk to get infected her before cum . Pliz help me out i m so scare for my loving wife and my sweet baby.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Since you did not ejaculate inside of your wife, the risk was lowered. If the incident happened LESS than 72 hours ago, your wife could start a course of PEP. The link below has more information on PEP. Again, it must be started within 72 hours. Based on the timing of your question it sounds like you might be coming up on that cutoff.

If you choose to move forward with PEP you will need to do it quickly. A call to your doctor, or a visit to an emergency room would be your next steps. Good luck and please keep me posted.

Info on PEP

In health,

Richard

I am very scared, please help me
can systematic candida affect ELISA test?