Fastest way to be sure
Jan 30, 2013
Hi Dr. Cordova, I want to be certain that I don't have H.I.V ASAP. Is the 4th generation option the fastest way to certainty? Does PCR remain effective after the window period? If my risk was Jan 23, what is the earliest time to get a certain result from the duo?
Response from Mr. Cordova
You could go in for a duo test whenever you like. A negative result would be a good indicator of what to expect at the 90 day mark. A PCR test looks for copies of the virus itself, and would remain accurate after the window period.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Herpes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.