Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How risky is this? plus test result
Jan 30, 2013

I had sex with a sex worker. I used a condom and I am sure the head of my penis was covered. I had shaved my bubic area before sex and fluids of vagina came in contact with the shaved skin. 1) I have read that HIV is NOT infectious when it is out side the body. Does that apply to my case also even though the vaginal fluids directly came from her vagina to my skin? 2) I had HIV RNA PCR for both HIV-1 and HIV-2 about 25 days after infection and the result was undetectable. How accurate are these results and is it possible that they are false negatives? 3) Are the Pepti-Lav immunoassays sensitive enough to detect the antibodies after 60 days from exposure?

Thank you and waiting your reply minute by minute, please help!!

Response from Dr. Wohl

The risk of transmission is nil. The testing is conclusive and with a negative HIV antibody, there is no reason to think the HIV PCR inaccurate. No antibody or virus was detected in your blood. You are HIV negative.

DW

Previous
For Dr. Wohl only..
Next
No Viral Load, Ratio=1.0, dropping T cells

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.