can saliva transfer hiv at window period.......when viral load is very high...?
Jan 29, 2013
recent studies shows that saliva at window period have very high viral load............abt 2000 copies per ml...........it means saliva can be transfer hiv at window period......is it true?
Response from Mr. Cordova
Saliva cannot transmit the virus. There are only four fluids in the human body that are capable of transmitting HIV. They are:
2. Breast Milk
3. Semen including pre-ejaculatory fluid
4. Vaginal Secretions
Be sure to check out our section on What is HIV. It contains a wealth of reliable, up to date information on HIV and how it is transmitted.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
- Pathophysiology Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Have You Ever Seen A 3 Month Negative Turn Positive
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.