|How often should I get tested after needle prick?
Jan 28, 2013
I pricked my finger while piercing a friends ear. I went to my NP and had a HIV and Hep test done. It came back negative and now I am going for my 6 month test. My NP says because of the needle prick I should continue to get tested yearly because it can lay dormant. I am in a monogamous relationship and thought that after being tested at 6 month if you are negative you no longer need to be tested? Also the person ear I pierced tested after the incident and was negative. Can it really lay dormant for years before it shows positive on a test?
| Response from Mr. Cordova
I think you need to find a new doctor. HIV does not lay dormant. You can get an accurate and conclusive test at 90 days.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Many Times Can You Use The Needle For Finger Prick Test With Hiv?
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.