Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please respond doctor!! :(
Jan 28, 2013

I'm a 20 year old gay male. I have hypochondria and OCD. I gave a guy an unprotected blowjob 3 weeks ago as of the 21st. He didnt ejaculate in my mouth, and I had no sores, I don't think any pre ejaculate got in my mouth but I can't be sure! I got sick 11 days later and went to the doc. He said I had a sinus infection and proscribed amoxicillin. I had slightly swollen lymph nodes at my neck and post nasal drip and I ran a fever one night only that was 99.8. Ear ache as well and sinus pressure and heachache in my temples and behind my eyes. Also general pain in my neck like stiffness. I have generalized anxiety disorder and I make my "symptoms" worse often. I obsessively check my lymph nodes in various locations and none are swollen other than my neck. My friend that is a nurse has check them too and said they are not. Since you are HIV pos did you experience swelling of nodes all over the body and could you tell they were swollen? Also do you think I have HIV? The guy was 18 he said he didn't have anything and he had only had sex 3 times with the same partner and he always used a condom. Please help I plan to have a test next week since I am at the 3 week mark.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Swollen lymph nodes merely indicate that your body is mounting a response against something. Oral sex is a fairly low risk activity. I think you might be letting your mind get the best of you. I do not think transmission was likely in this situation, nor do I think you need to be tested for this incident in particular.

In health,

Richard

Previous
PLAYING IN HER VAGINA THEN IN MY PENIS
Next
blood on jeans i wore to work

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.