OraQuick - can I WOO HOO?
Jan 28, 2013
I received 3 negative results using OraQuick in-home test at 6 weeks, 9 weeks, and 12 weeks (84 days) post unprotected vaginal intercourse. Would you consider this to be a conclusive result given the time frame and testing method?
Any feedback is appreciated!
Response from Mr. Cordova
90 days is conclusive, although at 84 days I would not expect a negative result to change by 90 days. I do not think you need to test again for this incident.
As a matter of record, be sure to test for all STD's, including HIV, at least once a year, and preferably every six months. This should be happening regardless of specific incidences.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.