Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Why am still panicking !!!
Jan 26, 2013

Hi doc ill try to be brief , met a girl in NY NON sexual worker 22 years old mixed Ethiopian and portoriquan, had her period she washed , protected sex using a condom condom broke cause she was very dry regardless we used saliva only no lobe available. Instantly pulled out washed.

For some reason that day I went to cherchel hospital asking for pep cause am freaking out two doctors saw me there tried to calm me down said there is no reason to worry. And gave me meds for gonorea and chlamydia just incase. Next day I asked the girl to come do an hiv swab test she came with me tested negative. 28 days later of living nightmares and depression I did PCR RNA and Anti body test with negative results 7.7 weeks another Oraquick also negative.

I had flu maybe after two weeks of exposure then sinusitis 2 weeks more 3 weeks after I had mild cold. A not surprised its December but it increased my anxiety. One lymph node on both sides on my neck still stiff but I never tried to feel those ever before in my life.

Till now I get these thoughts these depressions, and recently skin itch and with that I am like ops it may be can cancer !!

For some reason I know it's all mental am starting to be a loner getting away from my gf and worry alot if she even had headache or a pimple on her chest and everyone I hate this I need to live in peace . Recently doctor I had BRVO on my right eye and it was a trauma to me almost lost my job as a pilot and one thing led to another .

Am sorry for the long letter and my language. Would I still need to worry ?

Yours sincerely.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Based on the information you provided, transmission was highly unlikely. A one-time, brief exposure as the insertive partner would not be considered a high-risk incident. If you want a conclusive answer you'll need to go in for a test at 90 days. I am confident the result will be negative.

If your other symptoms continue I would suggest working with your doctor to determine other possible causes. It is not HIV. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Do I need to get an hiv blood test? Please very concerned
Next
Whats the risk of getting HIV for me.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.