|Do I need to get an hiv blood test? Please very concerned
Jan 26, 2013
Hello and thank you for your time. I had an exposure in August and time was alproaching to be tested. I took an oral at home swab in December. Are these tests reliable compared to a finger prick or blood being drawn?
| Response from Mr. Cordova
At home tests that have been approved by the FDA are very reliable outside of the 90 day testing window. You do not need to be tested for this incident again. You are negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.