Do I need to get an hiv blood test? Please very concerned
Jan 26, 2013
Hello and thank you for your time. I had an exposure in August and time was alproaching to be tested. I took an oral at home swab in December. Are these tests reliable compared to a finger prick or blood being drawn?
Response from Mr. Cordova
At home tests that have been approved by the FDA are very reliable outside of the 90 day testing window. You do not need to be tested for this incident again. You are negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Kind Of Skin Problems Can You Have If You Have Gonorrhea?
- What If Somebody With Herpes Kisses Me?
- What Does Herpes Do To The Spine?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Antibiotics Can Help Treat Chlamydia?
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Brain
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.