Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Does nipple licking & sucking cause mouth sore or any STD
Jan 26, 2013

Hello Doc,

I went to a massage parlor 8 days ago. The lady offered me a hand job. She cleaned my hand with hand sanitizer and then I licked her nipple and sucked (very mild) her breast for couple of minutes. That's it..After 36 hours of this exposure, while brushing my teeth, I found a small scratch (sort of a very fresh little mouth sore) on my teeth gum. Two days after I felt a pain in the gum of my left wisdom tooth. Due to that I also had a little pain the left side of my throat. There was no bleeding in my teeth though. After 7 days, now I am having little pain in the gum of my right wisdom tooth. That little sore doesn't give me pain unless I rub it but I am feeling uncomfortable as my gums are little swollen and coz of the pain I am having.

So my question is:

Is it some sort of STD because of the nipple licking? Is it necessary to go for a STD check for this, if so can I go for a STD test now after 8 days?

When I was licking the breast of that lady, I felt a bitter test in her skin assuming she would have sprayed some sort of sanitizer or something like that before hand. As far as I remember she looked very clean and there was no sign of any wound or spots in her breast.

So what is my chance of getting any STD or HIV? Is there a problem having sex with my wife now with these issues? Please help me in giving your valuable suggestions.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

To my knowledge, the only risk from nipple licking would be if she was lactating. Breast milk can transmit HIV, although in a case like this it would be highly unlikely for transmission to occur. Transmission through breast milk is typically seen between a mother and her child in underdeveloped countries where formula and medication are not readily available.

Eight days would be too soon to test for an STD, and again, I don't think you were at risk for an STD in this situation.

As for your wife.... It's unlikely that you put her at risk for an STD. However, if happy endings from a massage therapist are not normally allowed then that in and of itself may cause a problem, but I'll leave you to figure that one out. Good luck.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Condom broke during insertive anal! Please help!!!! 2nd time!
Next
Any chance of getting a STD or HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.