|elisa test after 50 days
Jan 26, 2013
i am a male aged 26.
i had a sexual encounter on November 9 , 2012.
i got tested on Jan 1, 2013 by the ELISA test - dont know what generation test they used.
it was negative. thus i got tested after 50 days. should i get tested again.
am i negative for sure.
| Response from Mr. Cordova
You must wait 90 days for a conclusive result. By 28 days, most people will have produced enough antibodies that can be detected by a test. You are well past 28 days. While I would encourage you to go in for a final test at 90 days, I am confident that the result will remain the same.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Anal Fingering Worried I Have
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.