Jan 25, 2013
Can a HIV+ive person donate the organs after death. Is the body if donated to a hospital is of practically any use? If someone is interested in donating eyes after death, can the eyes be used on a healthy person? What other organs can he donate?
Response from Dr. Wohl
Nope, no donation of any parts if you are HIV+. HIV can be transmitted through transplant of infected organs and tissues.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Can Trichomoniasis Cause Red Bumps In Genital Area?
- Permanent Cure For Genital Warts
- Bleeding Gums While Giving Oral Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.